Wednesday, June 14, 2006

me 6 box 1 (in case you're keeping score)

I have a confession to make. This past monday a couple of friends went to a yoga class I would love to try out. I decided I would go if I made it out of work on time. I started to get anxious, and my stomach started to get upset the closer to the end of the day it got. I walked to my car and thought, if it's 4:33 I will still make it to the class. I got in my car, looked at the time and it was 4:33. This was definitly a sign that I should go to yoga class. So I started to drive and made a deal with myself, if traffic moved ok, and I got to Source by 4:45 I would definitly go to class. The closer I got the more anxious I got. I was really scared to go to this new class. I knew it would be more difficult, but I have done difficult yoga classes before and felt triumphant about it. As I turned onto Gertrude and realized that I would be at yoga by 4:43 I knew I should go...but my stomach and anxiety won. I thought I might actually crap my pants...again(sad that it wouldn't have been the first time). So my box won. I drove past Source, and went home. I did not crap my pants, but I did feel really sick...anxiety won.

So today I returned to yoga. A little nervous. Nervous that Dillion might make us do some partner stuff. Nervous because I knew my friends would not be there to be the easy partner choice. I had so much nervous energy I was shaking, so I decided to tell Dillion about it before class started. He chatted with me about it and I started to feel better as I walked in the class. I knew we would be doing partner stuff now, Dillion told me we would be. So I looked at the people nearest me and my worst dream was realized...they were all men. Ack! Now what! I can't run out of the room! I can't partner up with a, a, a boy....can I? I'm here to tell you I can and I did. He was really nice. His name was Andrew and now I have a new yoga friend. I beat the Box today. Whew!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

U go girl.
U can come stand on my inner thighs any day. :)
Lis.