My October started off not unlike many other Octobers. I was happy. The leaves were changing, and falling. They were crunching under my feet. It is my favorite time of year. And then something happened. Here is the series of events as I remember them.
Sept 24, 2006. Dinner at my dads. It was “normal”. My dad, Mark and Rob sat in the living room and my dad had the “game” on. Rob usually ignores, but today he participated. Started to talk statistics of some of the players. Started to talk about the game…he was changing before my very eyes. Everyone noticed. We looked quickly at one another wondering what other surprises were in store for us. Nothing much happened, but I am sure that the planets were aligned differently.
Oct 3/06. My aunt and uncle come over. They invite Rob and myself to go to their cabin early on Saturday so that we can go ATVing (four wheeling) prior to thanksgiving dinner. Rob accepts this offer. My jaw drops and does not go back to normal until the following day.
Oct. 7/06, AM. I go to yoga and for breakfast with a friend. I get home and Rob is ready to go to the cabin. He has packed an extra bag of clothes in case he gets muddy. I go into a state of shock.
Oct 7/06 PM. The Cabin. Rob spends part of the afternoon riding the four wheeler. Then again after dinner, talks my uncle into taking him on a longer trail ride in the dark. They get back. Rob then gives the little kids rides on the four wheeler. We then sit around the camp fire until 10:30 at night. We don’t leave until my dad says it’s time to go (we hitched a ride with him). Rob spends entire ride home talking about buying a snowmobile so he can go out with my uncle in the winter. I spend entire ride home wondering if the aliens are going to come down and get me, for surely something strange is in the air.
Oct 15/06. Has anybody seen my Rob? Rob spends the morning watching a snowmobile show. I am not sure what is happening. I can only assume that Rob has developed a second personality. I remain walking in permanent state of shock and confusion.
Monday, October 16, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Or is it perhaps a (gasp), MID-LIFE CRISIS!
I have to say that this has been a change in the making now for about 2 years!!! It all started with the hockey in Fargo, then on to Golf, now on to football, and snowmobling!!!
Post a Comment