My friend at work quit. Her last day was a few weeks ago. I thought at that time perhaps my work environment would be better. Perhaps I would be able to slip under the radar and just let everything flow off my back. Turns out, I can’t. I seem to have landed in a space similar to elementary school. There are definite gangs of kids and here I am once again in the prime of my life not quite fitting into one gang or the next. I always liked to pride myself on getting along with everybody with the exception of a very few, but it has become apparent that the feelings of friendship and camaraderie are not reciprocated. It feels weird to come to work and not really have anyone to chat with except for my bosses (who I happen to get along with fabulously). It feels weird at 36 to feel hurt by people who are rude, childish, mean, and constantly stabbing me in the back. It just makes me want to shoot out “SUCK IT BITCHES!” I guess in grand scheme of things it doesn’t really matter because I’ve got good friends and family surrounding me at home. It just would make work much easier to go to every morning if some of them were there too.
Wednesday, February 14, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment