Monday, June 04, 2007

1. Fruit cleanse up date. So after complaining bitterly about doing a fruit cleanse Thursday, I decided I would go back to regular eating habits on Friday.

Here’s my food diary for Friday:

Breakfast: tea, fruit, toast
Lunch: Salad, fruit cup, water
Dinner: watermelon, strawberries, cheese, crackers.

Does anyone else see the irony?


2. I was doing my makeup in my workplace restroom as I always do (because of yoga I have to get ready for work at work), and chatting with someone. She asked me how my yoga was going. We had a brief conversation and then she left. Another lady (workplace weight watchers leader) came in, overheard the yoga part, and started saying things like ‘good for you’ in that condescending manner only people who have never tried a flow yoga class, or have recently lost a tremendous amount of weight do. Then the kicker “it’s great if you can’t be beautiful on the outside that at least you are working on being beautiful on the inside”. I laughed out loud. She looked at me as though I had lost my mind, but really what kind of reaction was she expecting? It frankly, had never occurred to me that I might not be beautiful on the outside. The comment still makes me laugh when I think back. Perhaps it’s a new marketing ploy for weight watchers!

3 comments:

christine.ens said...

Oh Sheryl, I'm glad you could laugh at that one. Her reaction to your laughter is the funniest part of the story!

I say this every day, but one more time for you - people are so ignorant (sometimes I say dumb, other days it's stupid, but you get the picture)!

Looking forward to hearing more about the fruit cleanse over (fruity?) drinks tomorrow...

C

Anonymous said...

wtf.Give me her name I want to kick her ass, and then explain to her what real beauty is since she obviously has no goddammed idea. Perhaps she needs to be a little less plugged into what the media (satans spawn) has brainwashed people into believing is the benchmark for beauty.

Bag O' Beans said...

My mouth is hangin' open here...and that's not good with all the mosquitos flying around.

I'm shocked and disgusted. Ignorant slag.

You freakin' rock my world. I have a few chiro exercises that I have to do and one is a yoga pose. It kicks my ass like no one's business. You are my hero.