It’s funny, not in the ha ha ha way, but funny in the “are-you-fucking-kidding-me?” kind of way, but I have had more than one person tell me that my BIL (brother-in-law) looks good and maybe that’s what they need in order to lose those extra pounds. Uh, did I just hear right? My BIL has had a 1 ½ year battle with cancer, which has had it’s cornucopia of crappy side effects including a stroke, diabetes, a blocked colon, and now more cancer. It really does blow my mind that at this point and time after getting the prognosis (not good, only 5 years with treatment) that people (who know all of the crap that’s happened to him) still manage to think about weight.
Well, if that’s what they really want maybe one of them could take BIL’s place, because I think he’d take back every pound if it meant that he would get to see his daughters graduate from high school or University, or to see all three of them grow up to be awesome young women with families of their own. I think he’d take every pound back if it meant that he wouldn’t be sick every day, or feel pain every day, and that he could go back to work and ‘normal’ life. I bet he’d take every pound back to wake up next to my sister every morning for the next 30 years. But he can’t. He has 5 years with treatment.
We’d give anything for him to have his life back, including weight gain, so if you’re volunteering to take his place…
1 comment:
you totally made me cry!
Post a Comment