So today I received an invitation to a surprise party for someone who used to be a huge part of my life. I opened the invitation this morning and feelings flooded my being. hurt, more hurt, some more hurt, and anger (cuz, i guess hurt and anger go hand in hand).
This person went through an extremely traumatic time once many moons ago, and I stood by her until she was able to be honest with her parents, I helped her out afterwards by being there, hanging out with her, listening and being her friend. Then my parents divorced. She disappeared from my life. She was a family member, a friend, a sister, and she abandoned me. I needed someone to stand by me, listen to me and hang out with me and she couldn't.
It seems that at one point I surrounded myself with this type of people. People who willingly and openly took my love, friendship, and support, but were unable to return it when the tide changed. I am conflicted. It is not in my nature to not befriend people, to not offer support, but when is it time to let them go? Does the time ever really come?
Wednesday, April 12, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment