Good weekends seem to be more elusive these days than they used to be. They used to start Saturday morning or afternoon with a trip to the mall with friends to buy the perfect outfit for the Stardust that night. We'd line dance and two-step the night away and finish it off with a trip to burger king, taco bell, or a hotdog.
I realized my standard for a good weekend is not much different these days...shopping in the morning, only for some paint for the living room now, and then an evening spent with friends, sometimes if i'm lucky the same ones I danced the night away with those years ago. To steal a phrase from one of said friends "it makes my bum hum!"
It seems I have found a new appreciation for these weekend forays, and look for ward to the next...maybe next time I'll shop for a new shirt or pair of perfect gouchos before we venture out!
2 comments:
I really enjoyed Saturday Sher. When Shane walked in the door and said "hey, let's go for dinner", my first inclination was "sigh, no, I have work to do" but then when he said Rob was with him and we'd go get you, something twigged in me that life is too short - and damn, I needed a break. Laughing, eating multiple rounds of appies, and just being "human" was the best night I've had in a long time. Love ya man - Lis.
holy cow......if I was invited....I woulda put on my bar boots....and kicked it up.....until my tired period between 12-1...but then I woulda gotten my second wind!!
Post a Comment