'tis that time of year, when I eat way to much, drink way to much, and totally destroy any morning routine I've built up over the last year. I'm one of the lucky ones that actually gets 10 days off at Christmas, so the routine totally wrecks me when it is time to get back to work.
This years been a roller coaster ride. I've spent the last few weeks being a cry baby. Anything can and will make me cry. But I made it through christmas with my dad and sisters without a teardrop, which really surprised me! Lorraine's absence is noticable. My meatballs need a lot of work compared to hers, and the stockings will need more effort on all of our parts next year..particularly filling my dads. But we made it through, and I think we are all going to be okay, including my dad.
I haven't decided on any New Year commitments/resolutions. My goal ofthe last few months has been to live my life with grace...whatever that might mean! Just kidding. To me it means that I will live more kind, compassionate, and happy. I've been learning that because I have an opinion doesn't mean I have to share it, and because I have a voice doesn't mean it must always be heard. I've focused on thinking before I speak, and really letting go of the arguement...I don't need to win or be right all of the time. It's a work in progress so some patients please!
Well my friends, I hope you all had a very merry christmas! You were all thought of this holiday and I miss you all. I'm off until next wednesday, so swing by for coffee sometime (or maybe some telephone coffee stache???).
Wednesday, December 27, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment