A few weeks ago I wrote of the same man at the same street corner every day as I drove to yoga. I wrote of how he made me laugh that day with his “smart” little sign. If you are like me you kind of wonder about a guy like him. Does he have a family, does he have an addiction, why doesn’t he have a job, he must live around here someplace, does he have friends, etc. Today some of my questions were answered sadly. I found his photo in the obituaries. He was somebody’s brother, somebody’s friend, and somebody’s lover, he didn’t have an addiction he had schizophrenia. I’m glad that I found his obituary, because I was wondering where he was the last little while. Now I know.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
That is so sad.
Thanks for the post. How amazing is it that just two weeks ago a stranger touched your life with humour. And how amazing is it that you had enough grace to accept that - no matter where it came from. Perhaps the family who loved him would enjoy that story, too.
Post a Comment