Wednesday, May 23, 2007

WTF!

I'm not sure what bothers me most about this story. Is it the fact that the lawyer actually thinks that a fat girl would enjoy being raped because it would be attention, or is it the fact that not once does the blame get put on the boys involved. I hate to point out to the barrister that rape still takes place in Afghanistan and the women show only their eyes. A friend of mine started collecting underwear for little girls in an orphanage (in a place I don't remember the name of) because the men raping the young girls were defending their actions by saying that the naked little girl was to much for them to resist. It's repulsive really, that in this day and age we still blame the girl...


2 comments:

McDerkse said...

I can't believe how angry that story made me! I agree, why is it always the girl's fault!

Anonymous said...

Just remember that the barrister is out to defend the boys in any manner she has available to her - whether right or wrong. What bugs me is that the newspaper showed only the defendant's arguments and not the girls' side. I honestly didn't realize that dressing "provocatively" is still considered to be asking to be raped (remember that Jodi Foster movie from the 80's?) How horrific it would have been to be those young women. I hope they get justice!