Thursday, July 26, 2007

When I first read this article I was enraged. How dare they blame me for my friends being fat…but wait a minute, maybe it’s the fat people I’ve hung out with in my life that have made me fat? Perhaps I should dump their fat asses faster than they could eat their next meal? But then the reality… I don’t have fat friends. I’ve got nice friends, tall friends, short friends, brunette friends, blonde friends, red-head friends, friends that make me laugh, friends that hug me, friends that go see movies and theatre, friends that do yoga, friends that box, friends that let me cry, friends that let me be quiet, friends that scrapbook with me, friends that support me even though I scrapbook, friends that let me swear, friends that prefer me not to swear, friends that have hung in through thick and thin, friends that like the same music as me and some that don’t, friends that listen, friends who talk…

so maybe if same theory is to be applied as in the article then I will some how soak up all my friend goodness and become one hell of a person!

Ps…the article is still an enraging load of shit…

2 comments:

christine.ens said...

Great post Sheryl - I don't have to read the article to know what you're taking about, I heard about this theory on the news the other day. I'm sticking to my mantra (people are dumb) for this one. Also, I'm happy to be one of your "friends that support me even though I scrapbook"! You're hilarious.

I'm looking forward to our (me, you, Colleen) unofficial bookclub when you're finished reading Barry Harder. Do you think we can plan something for next week?

Anonymous said...

Ditto - great post. And yes, we do support you even though you scrapbook. It's hard, but we tough it out because we love you.